A Request

With all the inspiration that is around for as to look at, it can sometimes be easier to copy someone elses work. There is nothing wrong with that. All I ask is that if you do scraplift a LO and upload it anywhere online that you credit the orginal designer. Even if you are inspired by someones work please credit them. Lets keep this the friendly and caring scrapping world i know it to be.

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Tammy James

I am so pleased to bring you a few words from this very talented scrapper. Her blog girlswarebluetoo is truly inspiring. So please read what she has to say and have a look at her work.


I started Scrapping around two years ago.
For my first mothers day my partner bought me an Album and a handful of family themed embellishments and a wonderful card which said , amongst other things, I thought you could make a 'me and my mum' Scrapbook.
I looked at the album and thought this is not what I know a 'scrapbook' to be. I hopped on line to see if I could find any information and a wonderful world of galleries and Forums opened up to me. I looked long and hard at things I saw on line and the next day I went to my LSS and bought I piece of PP 1 piece of CS and a fiskars template. I used an old newspaper as a cutting mat and created my first page.
I have never looked back.
Scrapping allows me to indulge so many of my creative pursuits in one place, I always have something on my desk, I really feel that it helps to keep me sane.
I am a solitary Scrapper I have never been to a class and don't have any friends locally that I scrap with most of my Scrappy friends I have met online and they are in other states.
I love trying out new products but don't feel that I am fickle when following trends I will only buy or use something if it genuinely appeals to me.
On my pages I like to test the boundaries of colour by often putting together strong or unusual combinations. My two biggest inspiration sources are Children's clothing and nature but I do find that something can jump out at me from anywhere at all.
I use a lot of Maya Road and Heidi Swapp products, in both cases I think that the people behind the name or brand are amazing, which definitely influences my decision to use their products.
People that I find inspiring in the Scrapping world are sometimes not those that would be most obvious. I am not drawn to someone because of their 'name' and sometimes might not even like their scrap style but still find them inspiring though their energy, philosophy or attitude. I am lucky to be able to call some of the people most inspiring my friends and these friendships have been formed through blogging.
I think it's is really important to have fun with it and don't think about or apply 'rules' to what you are doing, accept idiosyncrasies and imperfections in a page as a part of it, Accept the beauty that lies in the imperfection and originality of what you do.



Regards,
Tammy James.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I really enjoy visiting your site, and will slowly work my way through your inspirational links

Anonymous said...

People should read this.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy

I know your Blog was written in 2007, but it so mirrors how I feel bout scrapbooking. It doesn't have to be perfect, the sentiment and personal touch is much more important. Blogging is all very new to me, but I would love to start one to find fellow scrappers as I live in a remote part of France with no one else to talk to about scrapping, something for me to look in to. Thankyou for giving (without knowing) giving me inspiration to carry on as I felt my work was not as good as a lot of work I have seen on-line, but everyone who has seen or that I have done scrapbooks for, think my work is lovely and are very touched by it.